ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Showcase King in association with TNB MusiQ presents: The “Leadership Music Conference ” going down Sunday April 14, 2019 at Zanger Hall in midtown Manhattan. This conference is committed to providing you with access to a broad selection of resources to further your career in the music industry.
Our Network of music industry insiders enables us to offer you the opportunity to understand the NEW AGE of the music industry. We provide you with direct access to our network, which consists of some of the most influential brands in the music business today. With the vast knowledge we have developed over the years, we can assist in educating you on how the music industry works now.
Not including staff
- Receive a one on one consultation, play two songs (6 minute max) and receive direct feedback from Yaasiel “Success” Davis (Director of A&R at Atlantic Records), Vashon “Rap” Straws (Senior A&R at Republic Records, and Celebrity Tour Manager, Q-Smith.
- (8) minute performance set at the showcase to compete for $1000 cash, office meeting with a Major Record Label and interview with Emez of NYC’s Power 105.1 FM. (2nd Place) wins a office meeting with a Major Record Label.
- Receive an exclusive VIP All Access Performer(s) pass for entry to the A&R consultations, panel discussion and showcase
- Choice of the performance time slot during the showcase
- Receive 5 comp tickets for the panel discussion and showcase (only)
- One hour of free food and open bar (at the one on one consultation only)
- Onsite interview with Showcase King & photos
- Advertisement during the panel discussion
- Gift bag
- List of all industry contacts
- (Optional): Onsite interview with Source Magazine, Revolt TV, Rapfest, Respect Magazine, Power 105.1, Bold TV (add $500 to total price – by April 7, 2019)
(You only make a $500 deposit to hold your slot, You pay the remaining balance of $500 by April 7, 2019)
- (6 minute) performance set at the showcase to compete for $1000 cash, office meeting with a Major Record Label and interview with Emez of NYC’s Power 105.1 FM. (2nd Place) wins a office meeting with a Major Record Label.
- Receive an exclusive VIP Performer(s) pass for entry to the panel discussion and showcase (only)
- Receive 5 comp tickets for entry to the panel discussion and showcase (only)
- Onsite interview with Showcase King.
- Photos of the event.
(You only make a $250 deposit to hold your slot, You pay the remaining balance of $250 by April 7, 2019)
- (4 minute) performance set at the showcase to compete for $1000 cash, office meeting with a Major Record Label and interview with Emez of NYC’s Power 105.1 FM. (2nd Place) wins a office meeting with a Major Record Label.
- Receive a performer(s) pass for entry to the showcase (only)
- Receive 1 comp tickets for entry to the showcase (only)
- Photos from the event.
COST $300 SOLD OUT
(You only make a $150 deposit to hold your slot, You pay the remaining balance of $150 by April 7, 2019)
The panel discussion and Q&A will consist of professionals from all aspects of the music industry to speak on a variety of topics relating to the growing complexities of the business including signing with a major record label vs. an independent label, marketing, media, radio, artist management, tour management, interviewing skills and the impact of social media.
Brooklyn boy and self-made thinkinaire. Started his writing life at VIBE Magazine, bigged up to XXL Magazine, Diddy-Bopped with Sean Combs on Hookt.com, created KING Magazine (Rides Magazine as well), ran XXL for a spell, helped reshape Global Grind’s vision and now VIBE’n again as their Executive Editor. (Credit: “Hawaii” Mike)
Yaasiel “Success” Davis
Originally from the South Side of Chicago, Yaasiel “Success” Davis, always had a vision for himself and his family. He has brokering multimillion dollar publishing deals for his clients and placing his producers’ tracks on some of rap music’s biggest selling albums, Success is indirectly responsible for the sales of over 5 million records. Success is a fan of the saying, “Success is where preparation meets opportunity” and lives his life accordingly. (credit: coast2coast)
She started her radio career at Sirius in 2005 as the co-host for The Cipha Sounds Effect. In December 2010, Yee left Shade 45 and began hosting The Breakfast Club on Power 105.1, alongside DJ Envy and Charlamagne tha God. The Breakfast Club’s weekday show began national syndication in August 2013 and is currently featured in major American cities such as Miami, Seattle, New Orleans, Houston, Detroit, and more. (credit: wikipedia)
Vashon “Rap” Straws
“Rap” represents the home of Cash Money Records, Ariana Grande, Post Malone, Taylor Swift, Drake, & many more. Get educated by a industry veteran as he gives insight on how to make it in the record business in 2019 and beyond. As he states “it’s not rocket science,” but only a few seem to be built for the journey. Find out what makes for success or failure, whether under the bright lights or behind the scenes.
In 2018, social media has become one for the most powerful ways to grow a brand. Some people in the entertainment world have used their knowledge of the game and their popularity to become media influencers. One person that has been in the game for awhile and has built his brand to a high level is New York’s own It’s Bizkit. (Credit: HipHopSince1987)
Walter J. Tucker
Walter J. Tucker is a 15 year music executive, college professor & the founder of LiveThe.Biz. Walter has coached the careers of hundreds of indie artists & has featured music executive speakers from every major record label & music industry brand. As an executive, he has a background in handling the music publishing projects regarding artists such as Beyoncé, 50 Cent, Jazmine Sullivan, Mike Will Made It, Jadakiss, Justin Timberlake, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis to name a few.
ARTIST SHOWCASE: 7PM
The Conference Showcase will be the final platform of the event. Artists of all genres will perform live to compete for the Grand Prize: $1000 cash, office meeting with a major record label and interview with on air personality EMEZ of NYC’s Power 105.1 FM. 2nd Place will wins a office meeting with a major record label. Ever artist that performs will get there music submitted to UMG.